Monday 2 January 2012

Lauren


                           I cried. 
                       


                       I cried so much
I was hardly out their front door.  
Could hardly say the words good bye to them. and I cried. I cried a lot. I got into my truck, drove away and the road was blurry.I had to stop and blink my eyes a million times to see again. Tears soaked my face, like i had been caught in the rain. 

I cried the entire way to pick my kids up from their nana's house.









I had the opportunity to take pictures of Lauren.









 A little girl who turns one next week.  Lauren has a terminal illness. Krabbes disease. She was healthy, laughing, sitting waving bye bye until 8 months. Now she lays stiff, fists clenched. On medication to help her relax. But makes her groggy. she is so beautiful. She is the most perfect little baby.


                              10 fingers.
                               10 toes.




                         The LONGEST eyelashes        
                                   
                                  
                        Perfect little lips


                          
                               
                       The most ADORABLE hair






                              
                             
                                 
          and the most amazing blue eyes I've ever seen.


                             




 Her parents are strong people.I would even go as far as calling them angels. I could never go thru what they are going thru right now. I couldnt do it. Lauren is their FIRST baby. 


                         


                   They love her so much.
                     
                        










        And they are going to lose her.                     


                       
                this isn't fair.          














There are no words I can think of to say to Lauren's parents that will make it any easier for them. I never asked how long Lauren had to live. I didn't want to know that. What mattered, is that she is here now. 




My eyes are full of tears as I write this. Its not fair people have to go thru this. good people. who just wanted a healthy baby. forever. My thoughts and well wishes of strength are with you as you go through this journey. You have ONE beautiful baby girl.


Thank you for allowing me to capture some memories for you to forever cherish of your sweet baby girl . <3




Jenn xoxo


Please follow the blog on Lauren


http://lifewithlol.wordpress.com/



17 comments:

  1. Oh my god Jenn. I'm in tears. The way you wrote this blog entry - wow. This family will forever cherish what you've captured for them. She is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying as well! Beautiful pictures of Lauren, I am sure her parents will cherish them forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a little girl who just passed away from Krabbes. Her parents are working to get babies tested for it early on in life. Such a terrible disease.
    Lauren is beautiful. <3
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Amanda from university and I cry everytime I think of what is happening to Lauren! She was always a good girl and everyone liked her. I don't understand why would something so tragic happen to someone like her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. noo.... this cant be :( This is tooheart wrenching... Many prayers for this beautiful child and her family

    ReplyDelete
  6. My baby girl is the same age as Lauren, my heart breaks for her parents. God bless them, god bless little Lauren. I will pray for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God help them have courage. Life is not fair. You have given them a very special gift, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just lost my son in August, but I still cannot imagine their pain. I don't know what the illness is, I'm going to look it up. Wow. She is a gorgeous little girl. What a baby doll. And what awesome angels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are no words to express the sadness I feel for these parents and especially this beautiful little girl. But if there were, Jenn, you said it beautifully. I will keep Lauren in my prayers. May God help keep her parents strong, my heart goes out to them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and so sad :( I will pray for a miracle but in the meantime I encourage them to seek out alternative options- you never know when someone else may have a different answer to their prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....I don't know how anyone could read that and not be in tears. We lost my 12 yr. sister when I was 16 so maybe I can imagine what it would be like to lose a child more than most parents. This is beautiful (your post & your pictures), it's wonderful that they will always have these images that you created. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Gosh Jenn. The pictures that you created for them to remember her by are absolutely amazing. This is such a heart breaking story and you're right, it's not even remotely fair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is for the parents of this precious little child.. I truly believe in Miracles you are Blessed with one right this minute, that priceless child that you have in your arms. Let's all send our thoughts and prayers for strength and endurance to the parents of this precious little one. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenn Thank you so much for honouring our daughter with such a beautiful blog post. Both your pictures and words are breathtaking. Thank you again.

    And Thank you to everyone who has posted beautiful messages and prayers for Lauren and our family. We truly appreciate it

    xoxo

    Love Lauren's Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my dear lord. That is just not fair. You have done an amazing job capturing these images for them. They will treasure them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying for the family, that God will touch this little girls body....With God ALL things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)

    Diseases like this hardly seem fair, Lauren is so young and innocent. I am praying for peace for the parents and for anyone else her little life has touched <3

    ReplyDelete